The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What about??

I think it would be really fun, depending on our fitness levels, to have a physical challenge that we both do together at the same time. Maybe it's 10 sets of bleachers or hiking up a huge hill (like up at the Loup Loup), or...

We could set a date when we are going to do it, and then have some time to train, and then do it! It's kinda like a Biggest Loser challenge.

Any ideas? What do you think?

Stephanie here...

I think that is a terrific idea! But for some reason I am a bit hesitant and I think it is only because so far my exercise has only been done with just me! And because today I am functioning on about 3 hours sleep (baby issues) and 10 sets of bleachers or a huge hill seems very challenging and unachievable right now. LOL  But I know on a day that I get more sleep, it will seem more appealing.  Definitely would need training time! Which would be more challenging to you?  For me, because I know how hard it is already, 10 sets of bleachers at one time would be super duper hard!  A hill would be hard but for some reason I don't think as challenging. 

--Trisha
I can completely understand your hesitation, especially with your sleep-deprivation going on!!! I think the bleachers would be more challenging for me, but even a hill is tough, considering I am packing so many EXTRA pounds. I just watch the Biggest Loser, and I am always fascinated by how much they endure that they think they can't. That really pushing themselves to the limit bit. When you are ready, let me know. There is something about that having someone to go against that you can find that little extra motivation, that push that we sometimes need!

I think a fun winter challenge...to hike up the sledding hill at the Loup 10 times!! We would hike up and sled down, and then back up, etc. I have always thought it would be a fun competition to have like 10 people total compete, and they could each pay $10, with the winner taking home the total prize money.

No comments:

Post a Comment