The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sharing

--Trisha
For me today: ZUMBA!!! I had so much fun!!! I survived the challenge this past week, and what I realized more than anything is that it's not really hard to take care of myself and I am able to do good things me, and not feel guilty :)

OK, so lately I have been interested in two topics related to health. One is about rest and recovery, and the risk of over training. And, interestingly enough, today after Zumba, Lydia (the instructor) talked to me about my current program and how ABSOLUTELY important it is to have rest and recovery time, especially with my running program. I have read a TON about rest and recovery in an exercise program, be it running, weightlifting, or whatever. So, here is an article I particularly liked.

I also found this article timely given the fact that both Stephanie and I recently blogged about feeling ZAPPED of energy!

You can read about what else I am learning about regarding heart rate monitoring and exercising on my other blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment