The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oh what can the matter be...

I have a summer cold

I totally understand your motivation post Trisha, I am having a hard time too.  Maybe we need to switch it up a little??  Or maybe we need to keep it to the basics for a week until we regroup?  Keep it to chuggin water and 30 minutes of exercise? 

I do want to say, cause for some reason I can't leave a comment on your post, your doing a fantastic job!  You are looking so good!!  All of your hard work is paying off!!! THANKS!!!! And, yeah for fitting into those pre-pregnancy pants!!!!! GOOD JOB :)))

I have an idea...what about if we spend the next couple days looking for a good article, either be Internet or magazine, to share with each other regarding diet, exercise, and/or healthy living?  Something that we might not know, or just something that means a  lot to us that we want to share.  I know that I find motivation in others with their stories of accomplishments and with articles that relate to my struggles.  I need to remember to learn as I go cause there is always something new out there!!!


So, this is not in response to your idea there, as I will definitely share a different and new article (want to find something new for me, too!), but I am wondering about your cold...I know that last year when I cut out processed foods and sugar, I got REALLY sick and my doctor told me that it was sugar withdrawal which can act like a cold or the flu and start or last anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks! So, this time around, I made sure to eat LOTS of fruit for the natural sugar, so no withdrawal! Here's an article I found that does talk a little about SUGAR WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS. I don't know how you are doing on the fruits, as I do know you mentioned strawberries, but if your body thinks it's not getting enough sugar it can act cranky! Just a thought...or, it could just be a stinky summer cold :(

Hey, that is interesting!  I would have never thought about that!  I do a lot of fruit but maybe I need more???  I think this is an actual cold tho...baby boy has it too. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment