The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I agree!!

Well, Stephanie, your insight resonates with me! First, I am NOT trying to offend the person who made the comment about the necessity of you losing a lot of weight quickly. BUT, I am here to say from experience...IT DOES NOT WORK. Maybe it has for some people. Maybe they have been able to maintain. But, I know that it does not work for me and for most of the people I know.

I did HCG last year, and I lost 40 pounds in six weeks. It was fast. It was easy. BUT, I also almost gained it all back this past year. I have yo-yo'd up and down with every diet imaginable. Though, I have not ever truly committed, and I mean LONG-TERM committed, to a healthy lifestyle change: Eating right and exercising regularly. I have tried to be healthy, with no gimmick diet, but I have never stayed at it past maybe 6 weeks.

I decided this summer that I would make good choices, and that I would FIGHT through the times where I want to quit. My goal is to see myself do this for a year. I am hoping that a SOLID year will allow me to really make these habits part of my life, and natural. As well, the slow loss for me is a commitment to keeping it off. My hope is an average of 2 pounds a week. It may take me more than 6 months to reach my goal, but I think that means that I will have the tools and skills to maintain. Sure, I can lose it fast, and i have done so, but I want this to be permanent. And, I feel good about his process.

The bottom line, Stephanie, is that we have to do what works for us. I see this a lot like the half-marathon I am training for. I could right now go walk the race. But, by training, I am slowly gaining the ability to jog it. In the end, I will have reached my goal by the hard work I put in for months. Then, I will be able to jog another one and another one, if I want. Nobody can take that health away from me. And, since it's not a quickie get, it's more lasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment