The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Monday, August 22, 2011

I survived!!!!

--Trisha

Boy, howdy, what a day today has been!!! You know the old adage of needing a vacation from your vacation?? Well, I was feeling that way today, but today was CRAZY busy!!! I had a union meeting at 6:30 a.m. (who planned that for the day after a weeklong motorcycle vacation?!?!). Then cheer practice (which I worked my booty off along with the kids!) for three hours. Quick trip home for lunch with Ricky, and then down for a massage (needed that!!!!), and then off to get a cool down snack for Rick, and then to the store (absolutely no groceries since we had been gone a week), and then home. SIGH.

OK, drumroll please...I am BLOWN away and proud of myself!!! I lost 2 pounds on vacay!! That's right!!! I was so excited I was dancing around the bathroom (yes, at 5:45 a.m.!!).

Last week 225.
This week 223.
Percentage= .88%

I ate mostly healthy the entire trip, though I had a couple of yummy extras in that I ate two--not one--s'mores, some French fries during one meal, and I had a beer!! LOL!! I really just focused on portions and making the best choices possible. We ate tons of fruit :) I did have a hard time drinking all my water on the days that we had LONG rides.

I did exercise...jogging, walking, hiking, and, of course, LOTS of motorcycle riding!!

My goal this week is another two pounds. If I do that...and, then do it again the next week, I will be out of the 220s by Labor Day!!! How cool would that be?!

I am soooo proud of you Trisha!!!  GOOD JOB!!!

THANK you so much, Stephanie :))) It was really a challenge being on vacay, well, a mental challenge. In the end, it was easier than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment