The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Monday, August 8, 2011

A little insight...

So I wanted to share some thoughts. 

I have had a lot of comments made to me, about how I am doing and they go from the good side to the bad side.  Some people say "great job! I can see your hard work is paying off!" to "I think you should find a way to get the weight off fast and then it will be easier.  In the past, this slow and steady pace didn't work for you." REALLY? Maybe the truth hurts...I don't know.  I have taken those comments and made the most of them and I really want to show them what I am made of!

I have been doing a lot of research on diets and gimmicks and such and if you look at them all in a nutshell, they all have you eating the same things...fruits, veggies, lean protein.  All in different amounts so the diets are unique, but really they are all the same.  Some diets have you eating so few calories that you can't exercise or you would pass out or feel very fatigued.  Some diets have you exercise ALL THE TIME!  Most diets want you to buy some sort of membership or merchandise.  So my common sense tells me that if you keep to a realistic calorie intake and exercise regularly, weight loss is attainable.  Do what Trisha and I are doing, stay away from processed foods, added unnatural sugars and exercise, you will win the race, maybe slow, maybe fast...all depending on your body.  I don't think that living a healthy lifestyle should make you feel like you can't participate in family functions because you can't eat what is being served.  That is where moderation comes in.  Don't eat a ton of birthday cake or a ton of spaghetti or pizza.  Maybe make some changes and eat a big salad and just a small amount of the other stuff.  Use common sense!  Make healthy choices. Pay attention to others around you that you find inspirational.  (I have noticed that people who don't have weight issues, don't eat a ton of food.  Imagine that!)  How are they eating, how are they maintaining in keeping active.  I think that sometimes with me needing to lose weight first before maintaining, I need to exercise a bit harder and eat just a bit more salad than everyone else!  I don't really have any articles to link to because I don't really want to lead anyone in the wrong direction.  My common sense may be different than others, but this is just my two bits and what I have learned so far in my journey. I am listening to my body and paying attention to what I eat and exercises I do and how it makes me feel.  It doesn't happen overnight...(how many times have I heard that?! LOL)

So Trisha, I truly believe we are doing this the right way.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment