The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weigh-In!!

--Trisha

Last week, 230.4, this week 228.4 down 2 = .86%    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo long 230s!

Running total down 7 pounds!! Yahoo :)


Let me tell you...considering the last four days...I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE LOST A SINGLE POUND. I did have healthy eating and exercising, but my goodness, this could have easily been a few days to derail me!

The bottom line is that by conquering these days and not feeling like I was missing anything, I KNOW I can do anything!! And, that more importantly I deserve and want this :)

OK, so now for some confessions:
1) I did not intentionally exercise on Saturday. I did miss it :( I drove my motorcycle up to Winthrop and back, and the calorie calculator says that a person who weighs as much as me burns 274 calories an hour. But, seriously that doesn't count as the same to me as my walking/jogging.
2) I did not intentionally exercise on Sunday. We did lots of walking from the parking lot to the stadium and up and down stairs, but... as well, the same calorie calculator says that you burn calories if you are driving (not riding) in a car. I drove most of the way over, and all of the way back. BUT, again...
3) I am going to double dose exercise today and Wednesday at least, since I am going to ZUMBA!!
4) I did eat some processed foods this weekend. Though, I chose SMALL portions and healthier options. The processed foods were very limited.

Things for me...our challenge. Saturday, this seems silly but if you read my other blog, you will understand...but a frozen banana. I felt like that was such a HUGE treat. Tee hee. Also, I had the choice of riding my motorcycle and going with my family to Winthrop or staying home and exercising...so, I feel like I made the choice I wanted, which was hard, because I felt guilty for not going for my walk/jog. Sunday, I bought some new running shoes!! They are Saucony brand, my favorite. I did buy them out of town, sorry Rawsons, but Rawsons doesn't carry that brand, which is perfect for how my feet are!! And, they were $80 cheaper than what I was going to buy at Rawsons.

My treats today: a MUCH needed massage, and ZUMBA class :) Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment