The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

An interesting site.

Bountiful Baskets

I found this site while looking up some information about living a low-glycemic lifestyle and what it is all about.  This site send baskets of fresh produce and grains (5 loaves of bread) to a site each week and you prepay for the baskets and pick them up.  There are even different combinations of produce so you can try new things! It seemed pretty cost effective and then there is a website with recipes to use with your baskets. 

Now, I was interesting in starting a site in our area but I know that I am not always available on Saturday's.  But this would be such a good thing for our area!  Wenatchee is the closest site. 

Take a peek at this and give your two bits!  I would love to hear what you have to say!

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) ROCKS!!!! When I lived in Leavenworth, I belonged to one, as well as a separate food co-op. I saved so much money on food and really had the best of the best! Did you know we have a local CSA here in Okanogan??!!! How cool is that?! I have considered joining it, and I just haven't done it  :(  Can't say why, really. Anyhoot, local veggies, and you can add local bread, local cheese, and even local coffee. I don't think we can get into it right now...though I am not sure?? I think it's like a 23 week program, and they are like on week 13 right now. I know you can buy a half-share, or a full share. I have even talked about buying a full share, but splitting it with my mother-in-law.  So, even if it's too late to join this year, I think they allow you to come and pick at that farm by appt, maybe? I believe one of the drop-offs for our local CSA boxes is our health food store. Check them out RIGHT HERE!!  They have an additional site where you can see some more specifics regarding what they offer RIGHT HERE :) It's basically like getting Farmers Market delivered to you weekly, even when there is not a Farmers Market! I really like the idea of trying new things, and supporting our local farmers. I haven't read about the Bountiful Baskets yet, so I don't know if they are comparable in price.

No comments:

Post a Comment