The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Here we go!

--Trisha
Greetings! How exciting is this challenge?!?! I think Stephanie's idea to do this is such a positive ingenuous concept, and I know it will reap amazing results, both physically and emotionally! It's refreshing to harness any of the competition we have ever felt in the past towards one another into a battle of the bulges :)

I will post my measurements and photo tomorrow afternoon. I did weigh in Monday at 235.4. I have 85 pounds to go. I have had this weight for 19 years. I have been heavier (250), and lighter (206) in the past four years. I really am trying to make life changes. I re-discovered how much I LOVE exercise :)

My long-term goal right now is to run (OK, seriously, JOG) in a half-marathon in Las Vegas on December 4th! I am NOT a runner. I have never been a runner or jogger. However, I have started the Couch to 5K program and in just three weeks, I am up to jogging just over a mile straight!!!

I look forward to this experience, and thanks for coming along with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment