The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

For me...

--Trisha
Today I decided to go and get myself new exercise clothes (a couple of tanks and shorts), and the big purchase...I bought some special socks that are made to keep blisters away! Also, bought some shirt bands that you use to make your t-shirt a tank for only a buck!!

I need new shoes, and like the shoe lady (who was QUITE knowledgeable!!!) said, since I am serious about training for a half-marathon, I need to have good shoes, and replace them probably every three months. Um...this one is new to me. I have NEVER purchased expensive shoes for myself before. The gal asked me if I have ever done so for anyone else. Well, HELLO, of course, I have. In the end, I just couldn't do it. YET. I know I need new shoes. So, I will. SIGH. Maybe it will happen this week!

Another thing that I started out doing for someone else...but, in the end realized it's taking care of me and actually making me a priority is that I am doing a mini-boot camp! OMGawsh, my butt and tummy are so dang sore today! At least I know that I am working on my problem areas, LOL! I did originally sign-up because it's a senior project for one of my favorite students. Today I could have skipped since we have our family here. HOWEVER, I decided I wanted and needed and deserved to go, so I did! YAHOO :)

And, this afternoon, I was able to sneak in 15 minutes of quiet time in the sun just lounging in my chair and while listening to my i-pod. I was waiting for a dish to finish cooking for the BBQ. It was so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment