The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Questions for Stephanie

--Trisha

I think the questions and answers idea is a fantabulous one, Stephanie!! So, here goes...Stephanie's answers are in blue, mine are in purple!

Well thank you!  :)


1) What is your favorite indoor and favorite outdoor form of exercise?

My favorite form of outdoor exercise is walking.  I love to have that time to think and have conversation with myself (in my head!) and figure things out!  I am hilarious in my own mind! :) Being raised the only only child, I have a great imagination.  Indoor exercise would be either walking on the treadmill or a workout DVD.

Definitely hiking, though horseback riding is a close second. I LOVE exercising outside!!! Zumba or any other dancing is my fav for inside :)

2) When is your favorite time or the best time for you to exercise?  And, why?

My best time to exercise is in the morning.  Not first thing though but after I have been up for a half hour or so and got my day figured out.  If I wait until the end of the day I won't do it.  Although I wish I could change that because I feel better at night if I can get a walk in.  If I do it in the morning, I know I am done and everything else is extra!  Right now, I walk on my breaks and lunch hour and some in the morning and a lot on the weekends!  Basically whenever I can!

I absolutely LOVE working out in the morning. My favorite by far. THOUGH if I am having a tough day, I love exercising to deal with whatever, especially in the heat of the day. And, I sleep better if I exercise in the evening :)

3) What are your triggers for bad eating/snacking,and how can/do you work through those?

With doing this challenge and doing the clean eating and no sugars, I have found that my major trigger is when I am tired and when I am not prepared with good foods.  I think that when I am tired, snacking will keep me awake! :) And with baby boy, I seem to be tired a lot so I have had lots of water and tea instead.

My triggers are stress and the crazy, chaotic schedule I often have during the school year. But, if I have a plan, I do better. It's all about being prepared for me.
4) Which do you find more difficult to incorporate into a healthy lifestyle healthy eating or consistent exercising? And, why?

Healthy eating by far.  It is easy to grab something quick like cheese crackers or lunch meat or even a "energy" bar when I busy or when I am too lazy to peel an orange! :)  But when I take the time, I feel much better.  Also, my husband can eat and eat and eat and not change in weight because he burns a kazillion calories a day at his job and he eats a lot of processed foods.  So it is in the house.  I have kept away from it and saw what can happen if I don't eat it and I am loving the results!!!  Exercise is easy for me.  I always have something to do and somewhere to go!

Healthy eating for me, too! I do like healthy food, and I have never really been a fan of fast food. I run into the same issue of having a hubby who can eat whatever and burns everything off at his job, but he does enjoy eating clean, so thankfully I can have most all of the processed foods out of the house entirely! So, for me it's just when I get too busy, and I want to do quick and easy...then I might throw something in the oven that is processed and frozen  :( I just know that I have to plan out my meals for the week once school gets going.  Then I am good to go!
5) What are some of your favorite exercise/nutrition resources (tv shows, magazines, websites, books, etc.)?

ohhh my favs are blogs!  Endurance Isn't Only Physical, Prior Fat Girl (s), Real Fat, these girls keep me motivated and have lots of good ideas and information.  I used to buy fitness magazines, but I didn't learn a whole lot from them.  I like to see what real people are doing and what they go through so I know I am not alone. 

I love to read the following magazines both hard copy and online: Women's Health, Weight Watchers, and  Shape. I find shows like Biggest Loser and Extreme Makeover Weight Loss edition to be quite inspiring!! Websites...now this could be a big list: Hungry Girl, Snack Girl, Fitness Republic, Runners World, and Eat This, Not That! I could have listed MANY more :) I didn't even start with the blogs that I love to read!!

I also think that next week, we should answer our own questions!!

Good idea!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment