The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Questions for Trisha

So I wanted Trisha and I to get to know each other a bit better.  Lay a little ground work to this challenge.  So we have come up with a question and answer post.  We will each ask 5 questions regarding our health and lifestyle changes. 

So here are my questions for you Trisha:

1.  What is the hardest healthy lifestyle change that you try and try to change over the years?

I would have to say the healthy CLEAN eating. I love eating clean, and we will do really well at it for months at a time, but then life will get busy, and I won't have the time to plan, and we will sink back into old habits of eating processed food. We are NOT big fast food people, and really have never been, thank goodness (in fact, one year we didn't eat fast food once), but it's just losing that motivation to keep it clean.

2.  What is the one thing you are most excited about when it comes to losing weight?

Being able to shop for clothes ANYWHERE I want! And, it will be so nice that exercise won't be as hard. I am a very athletic person, and I love moving. It will be nice when I can shed the 85 pound hiking bag PERMANENTLY.

3.  What was the one thing that triggered your need to want a healthy lifestyle?

I can't really choose one thing. I am just tired of not being the best me I can be. I have done some major things in my life, and I have never been a quitter. I know that I can make this happen, and more importantly I know I deserve to take care of myself!

4.  Are you finding life to be different with the loss you have had so far?

I haven't had enough of a loss to feel that life is different because of it. I usually start to see a big difference at about 20 pounds down. For now, I feel more stamina and stronger in my exercising, and I definitely have more energy!


5.  Do you think it will be hard to maintain when you reach your goal?

I don't know. I have NEVER reached my goal of losing all the weight. I am a fighter, and I can feel right now inside of me that when I reach my goal, I am NOT willing to give it back. I am also at a different place in my life now, with having both boys gone, and just the little one left, that life isn't as chaotic, and that I can focus more on me. I know it will be something that I CONSTANTLY have to focus on, but I personally think it will be harder to get their. Will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment