The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A reply for Trisha.. :)

Trisha,
Thank you for your kind and inspiring words.  I have huge expectations of myself and when I don't deliver, it bugs me.  But this is all new to me and I need to find my stride.

I went and walked a 5K yesterday at lunch and I can do it in 40 minutes.  :)  So maybe I timed myself wrong on Sunday??  I don't know but I do know that I am excited, nervous and proud that we are doing this!  This uncharted territory!

Thanks for taking this journey with me Trisha!!!

--from Trisha
I have a theory: Sometimes when I jog and walk, I feel like it takes me longer than when I just power walk. I think it's because I am working so much harder when I am jogging, and then I am recuperating when I am walking, so my walking time is much slower than normal. Don't know for sure if this is what happens, but I have had some times when I have power walked a route faster or right at what I have jogged/walked it. I also can have all different times for the exact same route for jogging/walking! I think there are lots of factors that account for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment