The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Monday, September 26, 2011

A post for Stephanie--from Trisha :)

Stephanie,
Don't feel down and blue! You said it, YOU are in different size pants!!!!You have to remember that you are in this for the long haul, so just IMAGINE where you will be THIS time next year! Look how much we have accomplished just since we started this. We haven't even been at it for as long as a pregnancy!!

I am so proud of you! You are hustling it :) You go for those awesome walks at lunch time!! That inspires me, and I know it inspires others!

Just remember that the 5K is just about finishing it. It's our first 5K race!! It's about starting our personal record. You will probably think this is CRAZY...when I was jogging yesterday, I would pick a point (I wasn't doing time, but distance instead), and I would seriously say in my head, "If you don't get there by jogging the whole way, you won't ever make your weight loss goals." I know that's probably negative self-talk, but it really motivated me!! In all reality, I think our bodies can do lots more than we think they can. I believe this after having a son in the Marines, and watching the people on the Biggest Loser. I think it's just as much a mental challenge.

And, remember...CELEBRATE all the good!! I am so glad we are doing this together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment