The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Magazine Exchange!

We are doing this super cool magazine exchange! Here’s how it works: I bought a health and fitness magazine that I wanted to read, but hadn't ever yet: Oxygen. As I was reading it, I sticky-noted (yes, I just verbed a noun!) everything that I was thinking as I read it!! So, I gave it to Stephanie today, and she will read it, and sticky note her thoughts, as well as responding to mine, and then give it back to me next week!
Then she will choose a magazine and do the same! How cool is that??? It’s such a positive way to share health and fitness and have an in-depth conversation, which is strengthening our personal connection, too. What else is cool is that we are, in a sense, recycling since we are sharing a magazine! We will expand our reading horizons, and learn lots of new tips!
We are going to do this with magazines we want to read, and even share some of our favorite health and fitness magazines, too.  (I did give Stephanie a Weight Watchers--one of MY FAVORITES--magazine with a zillion sticky notes in it as part of her present for mastering the physical challenge earlier.)
Did I mention I love sticky notes? All the more reason to love this exchange! 

No comments:

Post a Comment