The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Super Duper!

--Trisha
Last week 209.8, and today...207.8!! That's a two-pounder! I did NOT expect that, but I will take it. I know that TOM is any day now, and I am so glad that I weighed today before the all-day Halloween eating at school than if I woulda weighed in tomorrow!! I might actually weigh tomorrow, just to see the damage, LOL! Normally I wait all week...

And, something else I am totally proud of myself about: I got up at 5:30, and I went to the gym! I ran a 12-minute mile today, THE best I have ever done :)) I cranked the treadmill up to 8 mph for 90 seconds, and I did that TWICE!!! I will admit that I was a little terrified of falling on my face and off the back of the treadmill, but in reality, I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for being!! My goal is to be able to do 10 mph for 30 seconds. I am going to go for that on Wednesday!!! Stay tuned...

This workout also helped me not feel so guilty for the sweets I ate today. I did write EVERYTHING down that went in my mouth :) I did eat small portions!!!

I have a plan to workout Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at the gym, jogging on the treadmill, maybe some elliptical, and I would love to get the weights started, though that may be a little more down the road. I felt RADICAL all day, full of energy, that I don't think was just the sugar! Then through November, I have Zumba on Tuesdays, plus I have my Zumba dvds.

I also have re-focused my water goal, and I am on several days in a row of back to 100 ounces at least! I can totally feel the difference. I feel so much better when I drink enough water :))

I am so excited for this next month!! On October 3rd I weighed 215. So, I lost 7.2 pounds this month. IF I were to do the same this month, I would be right close to the 200 mark!! THAT is some SUPER motivation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment