The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oh me oh my!

Where have I been?  Is it seriously already Wednesday???  I have had a ton of fun this week and have been busy with my kids and hubby! 

First, weight in:
last week: 185
this week: 184
loss of 1lb.  :)  I will take it! 

So the 5K came and went and I am excited to keep at this jogging business and get form and breathing figured out better and next year conquer the course jogging the whole thing!  I did my run alone and I finished in 41 minutes.  I could see Trisha the whole way! :)  I could have done better I think, because I don't think I pushed myself hard enough.  I got a side ache after the second water station, so I didn't drink anymore after that! It was fun to pass by people I knew that knew this was a challenge for me and they would knuckle bump as we passed by each other! I really enjoyed myself! But for the next three days, I was SORE!!! My shins felt like the bone was bruised and my ankles hurt.  I kind of felt crappy afterwards too, but I think my allergies are to blame there.  And just like Trisha, I wheezed into the night and part of the next day!  I use to use an inhaler for anything exercise related but haven't had to for years.  Well I could have used a puff after the race!!!  So I think I will see about a refill!!!  Maybe that is part of my problem with breathing while I jog, I am just not getting enough oxygen.  Trisha, if you get diagnosed with EIA, you will totally see a difference after a puff of the inhaler! The only thing I didn't like about it was it gave me the shakes. But I would rather have the shakes than not being able to breath!

Yesterday I exercised at lunch.  I did the bleachers at the school and a long walk afterwards.  It felt good to use different muscles.  But again, I got lightheaded and felt icky, so again, I wonder if it is EIA???  We will find out after I get my inhaler!

I gave back the magazine that Trisha shared with me and I have to say it was a good magazine!  It has some good workouts in it and interesting articles.  But like Trisha put on a sticky...too many ads!  So now it is my turn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment