The Challenge...

Welcome to our blog! We are a bio-mom (Stephanie) and step-mom (Trisha) who have put our differences aside and are going to join forces and lose the weight we have been struggling with for some time. We have a competitive streak between us, and we are going to turn it around to positive energy and benefit ourselves and our family.



We will be having fun weekly challenges to help keep us motivated as well as weekly weigh ins. The weigh in will be by percentage. (Loss divided by weight before loss = percentage)



We will blog about our experiences, our losses and our gains.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Not a diet...


First and foremost, Stephanie…you hit the nail on the head, it’s NOT A DIET! It shouldn't be a diet. DIETS DON'T WORK!!! Maybe part of the reason why this is working for me this time is because, it’s NOT A DIET for me!

I have had several conversations with several people lately, as so many people have asked me, “What are you doing?” or “What diet are you on?” Some of them have been genuinely bummed when I tell them, “What am I doing? It’s called LIFE! I am not on any special diet. I eat what I want when I want, I just made CONSCIENTIOUS choices, rather than letting my emotions rule what goes in my mouth. I try to move. I don’t move as much as I would like to move, but I do some moving!” And, I always tell them about how I write everything down. That is the key for me, being 100% honest with what I eat and how much I eat, no matter what it is.

Stephanie...No one expects you to give your family time away. I ALWAYS choose my family first in everything I choose to do, and I know that I always will do that. I know that if I wasn’t choosing my family first, I would downward spiral into who knows where, but it wouldn’t be a good place. For sure if given the choice between being with my kids or working out, the family will always win. You have made choices for you. You are moving!! You walk and do Zumba, and you are right to not feel guilty to choose your family over your treadmill!! It’s all about balance. Life is crazy for most people. I think we all feel overwhelmed in our own situations, and it's just about truly figuring out what works and what doesn't.

As far as this blog goes, I don’t really care if we keep it going, unless we get to a place (maybe next summer) where we want to do some physical challenges or even just do some things together physically, like ride our bikes—you, Sarah and me. Or, go for hikes or walks or whatever. The blog could take on different topics, if we wanted to let it evolve into hobbies or parenting tips or healthy recipes, or whatnot. Though, I kinda feel like we both do that on our own blogs, as it is already. So, maybe it's come to an end...or, maybe we keep it around and just blog once a week or every couple of weeks to keep updates going.  

No comments:

Post a Comment